Sunday, December 31, 2006

Holidays Around the World

On Friday, December 8, 2006, I spent part of the day at the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney-MGM Studios. Basically I tried to catch the updated attractions or the rides I haven't been on in awhile. Pirates of the Caribbean has been updated with Captain Jack Sparrow now in the ride (the well dunking scene, one of the burning town scenes, and at the end in the treasure room scene) along with Barbarossa in the attack on the fort scene. There is a really cool special effect with Davey Jones at the beginning of the ride like you're going through a waterfall. EPCOT now has Soarin' at The Land pavillion (just like the DCA version) and Finding Nemo at The Living Seas pavillion. I like riding in the clamshells and the effects along the way. MGM was the same, I missed out on the new Lights, Action, Motor Cars show because of some techinical difficulty, but I di get to ride Rock 'n' RollerCoaster and The Tower of Terror before heading back to EPCOT. TOT is one of my favorite rides. I get so psyched out and scared before the ride but the love the dropping feeling when it occurs. Go figure! I had dinner reservation at Chefs de France as part of my Candlelight Processional package, so I rode the boat back to EPCOT. DId I mention I rode the boat over to MGM? I'm starting to get spoiled riding around in these boats from resort to resort. Maybe it's the pirate in me? AARRGGHH!
The meal was good, but it is the Christmas Concert I always look forward to. Brian Dennehey was the narrator. He was fine. It was cold. What is so wonderful about this is listening to the Christmas story being told with orchestra and various choirs. I bought some hot cocoa and got in line after dinner for the 8:15pm show. A really cold front moved into Orlando that day/night and I could feel it was the wind blew off the lake. It was an Extra Magic Hours nights, so I hopped from ride to ride until about midnight and then headed home. (I mean The Wilderness Lodge. I'm really liking this resort.) When I got back I fixed some hot tea and sat by one of the fireplaces to warm up and get nice and cozy before I headed off to bed. I had a behind the scenes tour the next morning and wanted to be relaxed and refreshed for it.
So ends my second trip report for day 2. There's snowplace like Disney for the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home