Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

On the evening of December 6, 2006, I flew down to Orldando to spend the next four days at Walt Disney World. My flight was scheduled to leave at 6:10pm but was delayed. You would think this would bother me but it didn't. I upgraded myself to First Class and didn't worry. I knew I would make it to Orlando somewhat on time, a little late but who cares, I was on vacation. The parks would be closed by the time I got to Walt Disney World. Flying First Class was nice I have to admit. So nice, I did it on the return trip. But more on that later.
I got to Orlando sometime before 10pm and to the Wilderness Lodge around 11:20pm. (I had figured on 11pm) One nice surprise on the flight was I got to see the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom as we were preparing to land. That was cool! Checked in, went to my room, didn't like the view initially (first floor looking out toward the Wilderness Lodge Villas) but had a change of heart in the morning. The room was for hadicapped but the hotel was filled to the brim. One plus is that the shower was very roomy. Anyway I changed and went down to the pool and hot tub to relax before heading off to bed and to the parks the next day. If you haven't been to the Wilderness Lodge during the Christmas season it is the place to stay. Very warm and cozy and rustic. VERY CHRISTMASSY! I'm glad I chose it now. Spent the next day at the Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I rode Expedition Everest multiple times. I am a roller coaster freak and this coaster freaked me out. Every time I rode/ride it I kept thinking that the Yeti was going to grab me. I know it is animatronic but it seems so real and the thimeing is so good. Also caught the new Finding Nemo show. It was cute. Spent the late afternoon and evening/night at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I can only say it was a magical experience for me. I love Disney. I love Christmas. Two thing I love in one! I was guess what I enjoyed most was the ambience. There is something to be said about drinking hot cocoa and eating a sugar cookie while it is snowing on Main Street. The parade is just like I have seen it on TV all these years. I bought myself a Santa Goofy hat with light-up ears and got caught up in the spirit of the season. It's the most magical time of the year.
Coming and going to the Maigic Kingdom, I took the boat alunch from the Wilderness Lodge. This is a fun and different way to arrive and leave the Magic Kingdom. The monorail doesn't run through or stop at the Wilderness Lodge but I liked the boats better. Don't ask me why. When I was out at Disneyland I almost always rode the monorail into Disneyland. And to get around and over to EPCOT I preferred the monorail. The bus system is effiecient but these alternate means of transportation just make Disney a little bit more Disney.
So ends my first trip report of day 1. There's snowplace like Disney for the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home