Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It is done . . . and we kicked butt

I always go into a funk after a show is over. I think it has to do with the fact that I throw myself into the show completely and then when it is over, it is a let-down both physically and emotionally. I mean it's not depressing just sad to know it is over and we can't go on again or go back to rehearsals. The cast of CATS was awesome. The group bonded so tightly it is hard to believe we haven't been friends and doing this longer than we had. We have made the committment to try and get together at least once a month. I have met some wonderful people and made some great friendships, and renewed some previous friendships. Now come the moment of truth, when we see if these freindships survive outside of the Guild, or actually outside of the show. After doing this for three years, I now know that this is possible. Some of the really cool people I met this year and became friends with are people like Jeremy and Kelly and Chuck. Some people I became closer to than I had before like Teri and Kevin and Jim B and Mindy. And some I just kept on being friends with like Joie and Cheryl and Stacey. The Leibrechts will always be there and be a friend to each and every one of us, we are their kids and they are our other parents.
Now it is back to school for me. I went today to get the list of chemicals I need to send to the Science Lab committe. I just have to find it. I know I placed it down somewhere in the house. Then the storm came, blew the roof off the apartment, lost electricity for a few minutes, and now I don't know where they are at. Tomorrow might mean a day without power if AmerenUE comes out and needs to shut down the transformer to repair any of the lines. (Part of the roof landed on the neighbors power lines) So while I have power I am trying to get some work done. Adrienne wants me to send out a reminder to people about JPs on Friday night. If you are reading this, here is your reminder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home