Friday, January 06, 2006

What's a Jellicle Cat?

Well it finally got announced today officially. Our little theatre group Summer Alumni Theatre is going to be doing CATS this June. Now I know I am a theatre snob and I love ALW (Andrew Lloyd Weber) musicals. So this is big news. I am also head of Props on the Production Team. Our first meeting will be the week of January 23rd. So my question is: how crazy am I?
I can't sing. I can't dance. I can't act. So how do I expect to get a part in this show? Only Joie knows. He is going to be the director and choreographer. Either way it should be a fun show but SHIT I am excited about just being a part of it and definitely would like to be a part of the cast and not just the crew.
Stacey if you are reading this: any pointers on "faking it"?

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:11:00 PM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

cliff, you are talking to the queen of faking it! here's basically what i do with choreographers (and i've only ever really worked with mary mc., anne, and a few others): "don't tell me the technical terms, SHOW ME." a lot of dance steps are hard to break down to show someone slowly, but it can be done. i'm not the best person to come to if you want REAL dance instruction, but i can help you fake it, if needed. and please, i concur with c2, you can SO sing. not everyone can be a...um...bob campbell. ;) well put, by the way, c2. :) anyone else in for some SERIOUS working out and getting into shape???

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:55:00 PM, Blogger alli said...

Cliff, I am sure that you will be fine! You have done great in other shows, and this one will be the same-you will definitely be able to handle everything!
Stacey, even though I am not there with you to get into shape, I am doing it on my own... so I am working out with you in spirit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home