Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Christmas Office Party

Okay it's really not an office party as much as it is a nice dinner with a few games. I am still turning red over the comment Julie made. Oh those kindergarten teachers! I knew Stace and Dustin would have a good time, they did last year. And I was hoping Teri would have a good time. A dinner party with people you don't work with or know. Teri won the table centerpiece: a bottle of wine decorated with Cardinal's paper and a baseball. I guess the party's theme this year was: Remembering Busch Stadium and the Cardinals. Jan won the trivia game and a gift card to Outback Steakhouse. It seems she really needed that this Christmas season. My dinner conversations were: students and homerooms on my right hand side; and the Guild Players Summer Alumni Theatre and CATS on my left hand side.
Well its a new year and I am looking forward to everything it holds for me.
An Andrew Lloyed Weber play (that hopefully I will be in and not just doing props for/btw START SAVING YOUR TRASH!) This also means I have to start dieting and working out to be in shape for a very demanding audition and show.
Working on finishing up the Science Curriculum (or at least something in writing for grades K-8 when we start looking at new textbooks.)
Finally getting a Science Lab built at school. I think that actually won't be final until the 2007-2008 school year. This upcoming year is the transition/intermediate year.
Finally getting my Sunfire paid off (April/May). I could use that money to start plannning my Italy trip during the summer of 2007 and paying for it. This time when I travel to Europe I plan to stay more than a week. You lose a day traveling over and coming back. At least I did when I went to Paris in July 2000. I plan to visit Rome, Venice, Florence, and Milan, as well as Sorrento, Capri, Pompei, Assisi, Lake Como, the Almafi Coast, Padua, Pisa, Naples, and I forget where else
Going to Interface B again this year. (Still need to register and reserve a room) I enjoy the time away from school to relax and learn and socialize with other Science teachers. But we've got three teachers from K-6 going to Interface A, so that's good and they should have fun.
Planning on going to MouseFest in December 2006. At least that's what I have told Joan and Kevin. (I'll need to use a personal day for one of those days. Two are the weekend and one is a holyday of obligation which I am counting on to be a day off for us, hence only needing one personal day.)
Really getting the apartment cleaned (I am such a slob!).
And then there are always the other pleasant surprises the year will bring.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:44:00 PM, Blogger alli said...

Hey, I am going to Europe in 2007 too! Except I am going in May, and I am going to England, Ireland, and Scotland (at least I hope). My school choir is going, and my parents said that if I can't afford it, they would not let me miss an opportunity like that, so they will help me. Even though it is a year and a half away, when we both get back, we should swap our travel stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home