Sunday, June 05, 2005

Theatre Snob part 2

Okay, I'll admit it. I haven't posted a blog in a long time. Stacey threaten to kick my @$$ if I didn't post more often but she was busy with her wedding to Dustin so I'm not worried.
Norbert Leo Butz won a Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical. He currently is in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway. Norbert is a Bishop DuBourg graduate and was part of The Guild Players. I know his parent and whole family (1 0f 11 kids) are proud of him. I went to high school with his brothers Steve and Mike and always knew him as "little Norbie". Jim Leibrecht is also probably proud of him. Jim is our director at DB and also of the Summer Alumni Theatre (SAT). Currently we are rehearsing for 42nd Street which will play the weekend of July 7, 8, 9 & 10. At first I was going to be able to be in the show this summer with my vacation plans, then I was in the chorus, and now I am Mac (a stage manager). Come and see us we are good! But Jim announced at reheausals last week to watch the Tonys because Norbert was nominated. He was nominated before for his role in Thou Shalt Not, but he didn't win then. However, tonight on national TV he made South St. Louis proud (plus they showed his wife and parents also).

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 06, 2005 8:54:00 AM, Blogger ~stacey~ said...

go norb! was (and still am!) sooo excited that he won! what an honor and achievement! even to be nominated against the likes of azaria, curry, and lithgow--wow. how proud we db alum guildos should all be!!!
p.s. it's about time you posted!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home