Sunday, April 10, 2005

Theatre Snob

Ok I'll admit it. I'm a theatre snob! I have had season tickets to the Fox Theatre for a long time now (longer than I can remember). Anyway, the Fox has announced its 2005-2006 season and here are the shows:
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat September 20-October 2, 2005
Wicked November 16-December 4, 2005
Little Women February 21-March 5, 2006

Bombay Dreams April 4-16, 2006
Doctor Dolittle May 16-28, 2006
The Phantom of the Opera June 7-July 1, 2006
Plus their off-series shows are:
Riverdance December 6-11, 2005
A Christmas Carol December 13-17, 2005
Annie December 27-January 1, 2006
Blast! January 27-29, 2006
Rent March 17-19, 2006
Hairspray May 2-7, 2006
This promises to be a great season at the Fox. Although I did get a letter that they will have to change the night my tickets are for. At first I was a season subscriber on Tuesday nights (Opening Night!) up in the balcony. Slowly I moved down to the Mezzanine and up until last year, I was a Sunday night subscriber during the first week of the show's run. This past year, or maybe the last two years, they added a second week to the run of the performances so I took the Sunday night of the second week. Now I am informed that most shows, like The Producers, need Sunday night to strike their sets and move on to the next city. The Fox has temporarily moved my seat to a Thursday matinee. Thursday matinee! I work! They say they will call and discuss changing my seat to a more convenient day and time. You bet I am gonna need a better day and time! Maybe Friday nights?

BTW auditions were held at Bishop DuBourg Guild Theatre for the the Summer Alumni production of 42nd Street. I didn't audition since I'm going to Disneyland for its 50th Celebration (95 days 23 hours 57 minutes 19 seconds until I go) but I did sign up for a few crews. Afterwards we went to the Sports Zone for a few drinks (both nights). I forgot how much I missed these people. If was fun to get together again with Adrienne, Bob, Christian, Stacey, Kevin (Shrek) Charlie, Teri, and Rachel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home